Wednesday, August 29, 2012

And he sang, "God bless America!"

Family Update:

Big T is back on native soil, y'all, and he couldn't be happier.

After a 14 hour flight, Big T landed in DC this morning for the outprocessing, uh, process. He was starry-eyed for his homeland and so grateful for all the "small" things I take for granted every day; clean water, clean air and good food, to name a few.

This morning at his room in DC, he was happy to be able to take a shower with his mouth open, for example. Apparently, the water used for showers Over There is non-potable.
Let that sink in for a second.
Ew.
(Got the gross-out willies? I do.)

Big T volunteered for this gig, so he's not complaining. In fact, he's seriously contemplating another go round and very soon.

But, for the next little while, he gets to sing in the shower, loudly and with his head flung back and mouth wide open, "God bless America, land that I love!"

And, I'm glad I get to hear it.

Love you, Sweetie! We're so glad you're coming come!

1 comment:

Give it to me straight...